Don’t live with tattoos you don’t want anymore
While tattoos are more popular than ever, there has been a corresponding increase in tattoo regret. Tattoo regret usually occurs when the attraction for a particular tattoo design wears off. This is because most tattoos result from an impulsive decision or desire to look cool.
Additionally, visible tattoos may give off a negative impression to potential employers. Studies have shown that hiring managers in hospitality, banking, city councils and universities were concerned about how their customers might perceive and react to visibly tattooed workers.
With up to 3 out of 4 people experiencing tattoo regret for at least one of their tattoos, many are now considering having one or more of their tattoos removed. Fortunately, if you have an unwanted tattoo, there is something you can do about it – you can get it removed!
Laser tattoo removal
Laser tattoo removal treatment is one of the safest, most popular and effective ways to get your unwanted tattoos removed permanently. At Xanadu, we utilise two of the most effective laser treatments for tattoo removal currently available on the market:
- Medlite C6
How do tattoo removal lasers work?
Tattoo removal lasers produce a light beam at a specific wavelength that can be aimed directly at part of a tattoo – which is essentially coloured ink. Once the laser beam hits the ink it results in an intense photomechanical shockwave that shatters and disperses coloured ink into many tiny particles. These are then absorbed and eliminated via your body’s lymphatic system.
A tattoo design is usually removed colour by colour with the laser wavelength adjusted accordingly.
What’s the difference between Medlite C6 and PicoSure?
The MedLite C6 is known in the industry as the gold standard nanosecond laser for tattoo removal of any colour. It is also highly effective for a wide range of patient skin types and conditions.
On the other hand, PicoSure uses slightly different technology and is the more recent tattoo removal device to enter the market. The PicoSure is a picosecond cosmetic laser that focuses light energy into your skin at trillionths of a second – that equates to light pulses up to 100 times faster than nanosecond lasers.
Although the Medlite C6 and PicoSure are very similar, there are some differences between the two laser treatments to consider before deciding on which is best to use for your tattoo removal needs and budget.
In some cases of tattoo removal, the combined use of both treatments provides the most effective clearance since different inks and skin types respond better to different lasers. Additionally, some tattoo artists mix different coloured inks for aesthetic effect which further complicates removal.
Here are some comparison points between Medlite C6 and PicoSure:
- Medlite C6 uses nanosecond pulse widths at four different wavelengths to target separate colours including 1064nm (for black & dark ink), 650nm (for green ink), 585nm (for blue ink) and 532nm (for red/orange ink).
- PicoSure uses ultra-short picosecond pulse widths at a wavelength of 755nm which is suitable for all colours (especially blacks, blue, greens and some purples). PicoSure optional 532nm wavelength offers effective treatment of sunset colors (for red, yellow and orange). PicoSure 1064nm wavelength can treat black ink in darker skin.
- PicoSure is quicker with less downtime. PicoSure can take ⅓ to ¼ of the treatment sessions required by the Medlite C6. In some cases, tattoos can disappear (not just fade) after a single treatment! That adds up to faster results and fewer treatments.
- PicoSure can effectively target stubborn recalcitrant tattoos that linger, making them clear away in a few treatments.
- Medlite C6 may be more suitable for tattoo removal if you have a darker skin type.
- Medlite C6 is a less expensive option than PicoSure. However, over a course of treatments to clear a tattoo, PicoSure requires far fewer treatment sessions resulting more savings.
At Xanadu, our certified, trained skin specialist uses proven treatment methods combined with the latest laser removal technology to clear away your unwanted tattoos.
We guarantee that if your tattoo is not removed entirely within the number of treatment visits specified (in your customized treatment plan), we will not charge you for any additional laser treatments to achieve the desired result.
Medlite C6 laser tattoo removal starts from $88 per treatment.
PicoSure laser tattoo removal starts from $150 per treatment.